So, my first Me Made May is officially done! I missed a couple of days taking pictures and had a few Me Made Underwear days, but overall I’m calling this a success!
Things I learned!
- It was actually not as hard as I thought to pull this off! Yes, I had a shit ton of repeats… but overall I was able to do it!
- A surprising gap I have in my wardrobe is casual, weekend wear! I’ve got work appropriate skirts and tops pretty well covered, but I have ZERO me made causal bottoms to wear on the weekends.
- Along the same lines as point 2. I have NO me made pajamas…. or rather to be more precise- I have no me made pajamas that don’t have a giant rip in the butt because I’ve gained like 20 lbs since moving 😦
- I have a small collection of me made items that are just not in regular rotation at all for a variety of reasons.
- I look much better in pictures when I stand up straight…. but don’t tell my mother, she’s been harping on me for years to stand up straight
So… moving forward I have a rough plan for some causal makes, some pajama makes, and maybe even finally giving the Ginger jeans a crack! I did after all shell out $50 for the class!!
Works in Progress
In other news, I’m hoping to finally finish the Violet I’ve been working on….
All I have left are the buttons and button holes…. this should be a whole hell of a lot easier with my new machine 😀
And in keeping with my whole being more active in the online sewing community I will be participating in the Outfit Along!!
Yes…. I’ve never participated in a Sewalong…. I’ve never participated in a Knitalong…. I’ve never even finished a sweater in less than 8 months, but I’m doing the Outfit Along….. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!?!
But seriously, I have no illusions that I will be able to finish this in two months. I’m just hoping to do the dress and get a decent start on the sweater…. I’ll do a more full-ish post on this, including the sweater pattern (hint it’s not the official sweater pattern) and the dress 🙂 So stay tuned!