Helllooooo dear reader! I’ve got another finished garment to share with y’all….
There’s not much more to say about the Grail pattern. I still LOVE it and it is quickly becoming a TNT pattern. I made the same shoulder adjustment here- which continues to seem to help.
I was nervous about the sleeves being too long, but they’re actually perfect! Which probably means they’ll be too short for others, because I am fairly petite… you have been forewarned
The sleeves themselves were SUPER tight…. like seriously, my arms felt like sausages! I was thinking I maybe cut the wrong size or got off grain, but more and more I think it’s just the fabric. [Apologies for the lint on it- I couldn’t find a lint roller.*]
In retrospect, the Cranberry Ponte is probably too stable for this pattern or at the very least the size I’m using (remember I’m going one size down from the recommended sizing)- hence sausage arms.
However, that being said it is a beautiful piece of fabric. The color doesn’t come across as well here, but it’s super dark and rich! I purchased it from Mulberry Silks. It really is beautiful- so much so that when I bought it the other woman at the cutting table promptly added the bolt to her pile when I was done 😀
So, there you have it! Finally starting to fill out my need for long-sleeved shirts….but less so keeping up with the sew new patterns thing. I’ve already started on my next version
Also, the skirt is made by me too! (ignore the creases…stupid linen) You can see it way back here on one of my first posts.
[*That’s a lie I didn’t care enough to find a lint roller! Deal with it!]